Potatoes Au Gratin - Skinny Version!!!
Weight Watchers 3 Pts (Low-Fat)
I'm a sucker for potatoes au gratin, and I feel guilty every time I eat it...but it's SO DARN GOOD!!! So, after digging through some weight watchers recipes, I came across this one and decided to try it...and it's even better than the fatty version...
(Serves 8 - 3 points)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 lbs potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large frypan over medium heat; add in onion and cook stirring occasionally until onion begins to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in flour, then slowly add in milk.
- Add in potatoes; stir to mix; bring to a boil.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish then spread out.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered.
- After 1 hour cooking time cover with foil and continue to bake another 20 minutes more.
- Change oven to broil heat.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over potatoes and broil 6-inches from heat until the cheese is golden (about 1-2 minutes).
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.