(Yes, I said FRUIT!)
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or other flavoring (almond, orange, or lemon)
- fresh blueberries or banana, sliced or mandarin orange section or seedless grapes or strawberry, halves or kiwi fruit, sliced, any other fruit you want (Everyone always wants something a little different on their pizza, so don't be affraid to experiement)
- 1/2 cup orange preserves or peach preserves or apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line an ungreased 14-inch pizza pan with cookie dough cut in 1/8-inch slices, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 12 minutes or until light brown; remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract or other flavoring; spread over cookie crust.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer in any design you want (use your imagination).
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, make a glaze by heating preserves and water.
- Brush glaze over fruit, making sure to cover the fruit that will turn dark.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.