Monday, September 21, 2009

Deer Tracks

The Heat is ON!!!

I've been ready for Bow season to start back up again every since the day the season ended at the beginning of this year...but nothing has gotten me as fired up as seeing a million deer tracks yesterday in front of my deer stand in Mississippi.  The deer have been partying at the best spot in the house (for me anyhow)!  Whoop Whoop!!! 

Brandon set up a camera about a month ago, and we had over 600 pictures of HUGE doe's, yerlings, a spike, and a buck, ALL TAKEN DURING THE DAY!!!  My bow is ready, and so is its master!!! :)

I'm kind of learning about tracking deer, and finding their tracks.  It's interesting that you can tell what kind of deer, or what size it is by looking at their tracks.  After seeing the ant pile of tracks at my stand yesterday I decided to learn more about the different kinds of tracks, and found this very interesting illustration that is now embedded in my brain. 


Looks like I'll be walking big-eyed through the woods in my search for a 6" track...but for now, I'll take anything over 4 1/2 inches.  I will be whipping out my bow this week, and busting up the artificial deer target, because after seeing the HUGE does' at my feeder, there's no way I'm letting them walk away!!!!

"Thoooom-Pack!!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment