Weight Watchers Broccoli Cheese Soup - 2 Pts Per Cup
So the girls at work are big Weight Watcher fanatics...and it seems to amaze me that they always seem to have the yummiest things to eat for lunch. Our secretary brought this soup to work last week, and I was amazed. Usually broccoli and cheese soup isn't the healthiest dish, so finding a healthier version was definitely Christmas for me...
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can rotel brand tomatoes and green chilies
- 10 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- Mix chicken broth, frozen broccoli and tomatoes and chilies together.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Cube Velveeta and put into soup pot.
- Simmer just until cheese is melted.
- This recipe freezes and refrigerates well. I make a large recipe at the beginning of the week and use it to snack on when I'm in danger of breaking my diet. I can have a large bowl and some crusty bread with it and still be under 5 points.