Fat-Free, Sugar Free, Cholesterol Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup unsweetened blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I use the "unbleached" kind)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup Splenda granular
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (equals 1 egg)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular (to top muffins)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (I've found that paper muffin holders do not peel away from these muffins easily).
- Wash and drain blueberries. Set aside. If using frozen blueberries, thaw before using.
- In large bowl, sift flour. Add baking powder and the 1/3 cup Splenda. Mix together.
- In another bowl, mix the Egg Beater egg substitute, apple sauce and milk.
- Combine the wet mixture into the flour mixture. Stir just enough to blend (electric mixers aren't really necessary). Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Use the last tablespoon of Splenda to sprinkle on top of each muffin (this adds zero calories and has zero fat) and bake for 17 minutes, or until tops are light brown.
- After baking, allow muffins to cool before removing them from the tin. Please note: 1 serving = 1 muffin. Enjoy!